Sunday, September 14, 2008

Que Sarah, Sarah?


In what must be a never ending quest to clear the air and keep bullshit and half-truths from ruining what has otherwise been a very exciting election campaign, I have some thoughts to add tonight.

#1. What is this trash I have been hearing that Biden and the media should take it easy on Sarah Palin because she is a woman and they will seem like they are picking on her. I bring your attention back to the way the Grand Old Party and the media chewed on Hillary Clinton - who, by the way, showed she could take it and give intelligent, informed answers when on the defense. (Can I hear a Bush Doctrine Ms. Palin?) If you are are going to play in the big sand box you have to get in there with the big kids.

#2. On a similar vein - I don't want anyone who might take a high office and help run this country to be to be treated with kid gloves. We need to challenge the candidates and know what they stand for. I am sure other countries that are no so friendly to the United States will not care much whether our President and Vice President are old and female. I don't want to find out if they can take the heat at a time when the heat might be a threat to our nation.

P.S. By the way, how are those gas prices looking in your neck of the woods? I know I can barely afford to get the helicopter off the ground to go moose hunting anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Be fair, funny, frank, friendly, foolish or any of the goofy "F words". Peace, Susan